About the Chamber of Commerce
According to the History of Eagle Lake, the first commercial organization in our town was The Business Men’s Club in 1904. A priority of theirs at the time was to promote better roads into and out of town as this was the year automobiles first appeared in Eagle Lake.
The club ceased to function in 1910 as did several other attempts between then and 1933. War and the Great Depression may have been factors in the lack of success.
In 1950, The Chamber of Commerce was formed again and exists to this day. In 2004, The Chamber acquired its permanent home, a former grocery store located at 303 E. Main Street, from former businessman Earl Rodgers. The front portion of the building houses the Chamber Office and Visitors’ Information Center.
Visitors are welcomed to stop in to sign our guest book, enjoy the local art which adorns the walls, and learn all about our organization and our town.